Videos Louis (& friends) Made
Mostly made using iMovie's templates, which produce trailers (low-content, exhilarating soundtrack). Each is about 1-minute long. The majority depict runs some of us did, most recent event first.
- Imogene Pass Run 2019 (48 sec.): September 7, 2019—Sarah, Chris, Laura, and Marc ran the Imogen Pass Run (from Ouray to Telluride, the run with "only one hill").
- Broomfield Kohl Elementary 5k, May 4, 2019 (1:10) and the snazzier trailer (48 sec.): May 4, 2019, "May the Fourth Be With You."
- The McDowell Mountain Frenzy (44 sec.): Beginning of December, Chris and I ran a trail run outside of Phoenix,the McDowell Mountain Frenzy.
- Broomfield Marathon (1:04): This is the Broomfield Marathon (inaugural), where Chris came in 2nd and won money (hurrah!), Amy (my third born) ran the half (not much footage, sorry), and I ran the 10k. Laura and Marc showed up and probably got as much footage as any runners.
- "International Run Day" (1:14): This is of the first weekend in October, which I have since called "International Run Day", because I ran a half in Bournemouth, Chris ran a half in Louisville, and Mindy (my fifth born) and her husband, Josh, ran a marathon in Minneapolis, MN.
- Imogene Pass Run 2018 (48 sec.): Chris, my son, and Laura, my fourth born, did the Imogen Pass Run (from Ouray to Telluride, the run with "only one hill"), as did Marc (Laura's boyfriend) and Robby, a friend (who came in 19th overall).
Robby's Video of the Ragnar Run in Tennessee
- Ragnar Relay (60 sec.): In March 2018, Chris, Amy, Mindy, Josh, Robby and another friend ran a relay from Chattanooga to Nashville, while Don was the support team. (Video posted on Google Drive)
Not as glitsy as the trailers (but a lot more work).
Imogene Pass Run
The Imogene videos begin with their own trailers. "Trailers" used to come at the end of movies (hence the name).
- Imogene Pass Run 2019 (13:23): Sarah, Chris, Laura, and Marc finishing the Imogene Pass Run, the run with only one hill.
- Imogene Pass Run 2018 (21:51): Chris, Laura, Marc, Robby finishing (in not that order) the Imogene Pass Run, the 17.1 mile trail run from Ouray to Telluride Colorado.
- My Friends in Bournemouth, England (3 min.): They swim in the English Channel nearly year round.
- Surfing Baja California (11:17): Laura, Marc, and Don surfing.
- How to Winterize Running Shoes (1:46): Short instructional video on putting hex-head screws in your (old) running shoes so you don't slip on ice. Even though I stand by this video, I havent yet tried the shoes out—not that icy in Lafayette.
- Stir the Fire Ministries (6:12): A video I made for a friend to support work feeding orphans in Zambia. Knowing my friend, I trust this is a legitimate organization and worthy cause.
Since I made it...
- Why I Do Not Call Myself a Christian: A 43-minute talk I gave in 2013, to a small group. Audio and video (transcription only).