Videos Louis (& friends) Made
Trailers (very short)
These are some videos I made—most of them hyped videos. Each is about 1-minute long. Mostly, they depict runs some of us did, most recent event first. (Most videos link out to YouTube.)
- The McDowell Mountain Frenzy: Beginning of December, Chris and I ran a trail run outside of Phoenix,the McDowell Mountain Frenzy.
- Broomfield Marathon: This is the Broomfield Marathon (inaugural), where Chris came in 2nd and won money (hurrah!), Amy (my third born) ran the half (not much footage, sorry), and I ran the 10k. Laura and Marc showed up and probably got as much footage as any runners.
- "International Run Day": This is of the first weekend in October, which I have since called "International Run Day", because I ran a half in Bournemouth, Chris ran a half in Louisville, and Mindy (my fifth born) and her husband, Josh, ran a marathon in Minneapolis, MN.
- Imogen Pass Run: Chris, my son, and Laura, my fourth born, did the Imogen Pass Run (from Ouray to Telluride, the run with "only one hill"), as did Marc (Laura's boyfriend) and Robby, a friend (who came in 19th overall).
- Ragnar Relay: In March 2018, Chris, Amy, Mindy, Josh, Robby and another friend ran a relay from Chattanooga to Nashville, while Don was the support team. (Video posted on Google Drive)
Not as hyped as the trailers (but a lot more work).
- Surfing Baja California: One of my daughters, my "yerno," and a friend surfing.
- How to Winterize Running Shoes: Short instructional video on putting hex-head screws in your (old) running shoes so you don't slip on ice. Even though I stand by this video, I havent yet tried the shoes out—not that icy in Lafayette.
- Stir the Fire Ministries: A video I made for a friend to support work feeding orphans in Zambia. Knowing my friend, I trust this is a legitimate organization and worthy cause.
Since I made it...
- Why I Do Not Call Myself a Christian: A 43-minute talk I gave in 2013, to a small group. Audio and video (transcription only).